Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hidden hot spots in La Jolla

I wanted to visit somewhere fabulous for my special day.
Driving down south was right choice and I reached this beautiful place called "La Jolla" in San Diego County.
La Jolla is a fancy seaside resort community.
The most dramatic spot is La Jolla Cove.

1100 Coast Blvd
La Jolla CA 92037

This place is popular for weddings, picnics and romantic dates, but it's also just right for walking around and enjoying the day.





Right in front of the La Jolla Cove, there is one of the hottest spots, the "Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego at La Jolla".
I had been here before and I remembered how much I loved it so I had to come back.

Their exhibitions are totally unique and fun to see. I recommend to come here on the very first day if you visit La Jolla, because their admission works for 7 days.

700 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-3541








After exploring, I realized it was still pretty early in the day so I had time to relax and grab a beer at this place "The Livingroom Cafe".
This is a comfortable coffee shop with a full bar and yummy looking food. 
Where I was seated I could see ocean and feel the breeze.
1010 Prospect street
La Jolla, CA92037







For my fabulous trip, I chose to stay in the "Hotel Parisi".



This hotel is right in the middle of everything! However the rooms were very quiet and their service was excellent.





















The complimentary European breakfast reminded me of France and was delicious! It is provided by one of La Jolla's most popular restaurants "Whisknlandle" which is all organic and fresh!
1111 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-1511








I was walking around looking for some souvenirs and found this store "Urban Wave Company". It was next to a cute Italian restaurant "La Dolce Vista"










1237 Prospect St
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)459-1780





The sky was so colorful during sunset and dusk.
Purple to pink, yellow to orange.
It was a warm tropical night.





For dinner I had to try a Japanese restaurant "Tadashi Sushi" which is a branch of my favorite restaurant in Carlsbad "Sushi Taisho".

Their food was much more than I expected! I was satisfied with this beautiful sushi.
1277 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)456-7118





In the morning, I went walking to see this view.
La Jolla Cove is a paradise for birds and seals.




It's also a paradise for swimmers!

La Jolla Cove is home of the annual "La Jolla Cove Rough Water swim" which is one of the oldest ocean swims in the world.










My most favorite animal in La Jolla was definitely these guys...

La Jolla was amazingly gorgeous and unrealistic!