Friday, September 2, 2011

Hidden hot spots in Ventura

I was looking for somewhere to go camping and found out about "Lake Casitas Campground".  This place is gorgeous and very convenient to Los Angeles.

Just go up the 101 north for about 1 hour and take the 33 straight to the lake. It will be about a 2 hour drive from LAX.









I got there Friday afternoon. My camp site was "J".

It was a lovely shady spot.


This site has a facility with clean flush toilets and coin showers!




Casitas Lake is actually used as drinking water so it's not for swimming. You can do fishing and boating.
 Little yellow fish and bunnys were everywhere.
11311 Santa Ana Rd, Ventura CA
(805)649-2233










One of my favorites was this store. They sell everything you need such as wood, beer and souvenirs! I bought ice, a frisbee, candy, ice cream and of course, coffee.

(805)649-1202






Th second day was even more hot and beautiful.  The sky was clear and lake was peaceful.


Early morning is the best time for fishing.
Ducks and swans came to tease me.






The daytime at Casitas Lake can be extremey hot. The day became over 100 degrees so I had to escape for lunch at "Marina Cafe".

Their grilled shrimp salad with avocado was refreshing and yummy!


(805)649-2514
http://www.casitaswater.org/marina-caf%E9/
*This cafe might open only Saturday and Sunday.






There is a water park inside the campground.
I loved their Lazy River. I want to try their BOOT CAMP next time.

(805)649-2233
*This place only open Saturday and Sunday and season will be finished by September 5.