Monday, May 2, 2011

Hidden hot spots in Malibu



I heard that there is a big waterfall in Malibu.
I went to find it on the first Sunday of May.
It was a clear, blue Malibu sky and all the wildflowers were gorgeous and fully in bloom.




First I met some colorful butterflies. They lead me on my hiking course.



I could feel the great energy here. The  animals and nature live happily together.


Some friendly lizards came to play "hide and seek".
The Santa Monica Mountains have over twenty individual state and municipal parks. "Solstice Canyon" is the one of the remarkable state parks. I couldn't believe I was still in Los Angeles to see these views.






On the way there is a historic cottage which is the oldest existing stone building in Malibu.
The cottage was destroyed in the 2007 Corral Fire. Now it has become a decoration along the path and a reminder of those who called the canyon home.



After about half hour walking (1.6 mile) I saw this view. The waterfall did exist!
3998 Solstice Canyon Rd
Malibu, CA 90265
That was a very sunny day, about 80 degrees, but I never got too hot. Los Angeles has some of the best places to hike without a sweat.




After the hiking, I went to Topanga Beach to relax. Topanga Beach is one of the most kids friendly beaches in Malibu because of this beautiful lagoon.
18700 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265

Malibu is about a 21 mile strip of prime Pacific coastline.  They are famous for surfing, many choices of ocean view restaurants and a celebrity vibe.
Malibu is definitely one of the hottest beaches in Los Angeles!