Monday, December 12, 2011

Hidden hot spots in Wrightwood

I went snowboarding in the mountains of Los Angeles county.
Wrightwood is a cute village near the Los Angeles ski resort "Mountain High".



First I had to wax my board so I stopped by a snowboarding store "Mountain Outhouse".
They waxed my board for $12 which costs $15 at the resort. They also sell many choices of snowboarding goods such as helmets, gloves and outfits. It's worth it to stop by to see their clearance stuff!
1433 State Highway 2
Wrightwood, CA 92397
(760)249-3191









While my board was getting waxed I went walking around the village.
The village has many unique souvenir stores and good looking restaurants.




I found a really cute clothing store.

"Apple Blossoms"
1271 Apple Ave
Wrightwood CA 92397
(760)249-3939
Hair band and hair pins

This is a used and handmade clothing store. I really love their handmade hair accessories! The owner is a cute grandma who crafts the products with her daughter and grand daughter.

Ear warmer 













This time I rented the Little Red House for a night.
This is a perfect house for 4 people to be relaxed.



There are 2 bedrooms with a living room and a full kitchen.  It has all you need. 
1415 Laura St
Wrightwood, CA 92397
(760)488-5222
This house is in a village so you can walk around to shops and restaurants.




For dinner I had to check out one of the most popular restaurants in Wrightwood.
Their Tortilla soup was yummy in my tummy!



1455 State Hwy 2
Wrightwood, CA 92397
(760)249-6733
I enjoyed their grilled shrimp and warm, friendly service.  It helped me get ready for the next day. 




Early the next morning I went straight to the Mountain High Resort.
It was the first week of December but there was plenty of snow for fun.

24510 HWY 2
Wrightwood, CA 92397
(888)754-7878

Mountain High is a snowboarder paradise! Their playground is amazing. I also recommend for beginners because of the easy access.





Do you want to feel the real winter?  Wrightwood is the easiest commute from Los Angeles for a snowy wonderland.