Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hidden hot spots in Temecula

To feel where the sun breaks through the mist in January, I went to Temecula. It took 75 minutes driving from LAX.





Temecula has a very interesting background. The area was inhabited by the Temecula natives for many hundreds of years。 Temecula is the only city in California to still retain its original Indian name.



Temecula old town has everything so cute! Even just a trashcan looks like a wine tank, because they are also famous for wineries.














They have a wonderful children's museum "Pennypickle's Workshop" on main street.

For future scientists, this is a must see museum. Adults who still have those dreams are welcome too.



"Pennypickle's Workshop"
42081 Main Street, Temecula, CA 92590 
(951)308-6376
http://www.pennypickles.org


There are many classic inventions and basic scientific ideas that you can learn about.



I wanted to do a little more research about Temecula's history so I went to visit the Temecula museum.
28314 Mercedes Street
Temecula, CA 92592
(951) 694-6450









.
For lunch I had to try a famous local Mexican restaurant "Rosa's Cantina". This is a casual fast-food type of place, however their salsa bar was incredible and I had two shrimp dishes that were excellent. I will come back to this place for sure.

28636 Old Town Front St Ste109
Temecula, CA 92590
(951)695-2428

















To get a gift, I stopped by the "House of Jerky" right  across from the Rosa's Cantina.
Their products are made fresh with no preservatives or MSG added. I tried a Teriyaki flavor and loved it! 

28665 Old Town Front Street
Temecula, CA 92590
(951)308-9232



The day I went to visit Temecula was 78 degrees, I felt like I was warmed up for the rest of the winter in Los Angeles.