Monday, January 2, 2012

Hidden hot spots in Lake Arrowhead

To welcome in the new year, I choose to stay at Lake Arrowhead.
About 1.5 hours driving from LAX there is a beautiful snowy lake.

The day was very warm like 70 degrees but there was still a little snow around the lake.



The drive to the lake was clear and it had a gorgeous view.








I stayed at a fantastic lodge "Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa" for 2 nights.
This is dog and kid friendly hotel! 

There is a comfortable game room that includes air hockey, foosball and wii games all free!



The resort has 2 outside jacuzzis with a lake view. It is nice to have a hot tub in the winter season!



27984 Hwy 189
Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352
(909)336-1511


I had a fancy breakfast at "BIN189" in the hotel.


My Norwegian smoked salmon was delicious and our server was very professional.
at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa
(909)337-4189



My biggest purpose here was snowboarding at "Snow Valley Mountain Resort" which is about 25 minutes driving from the lake.
I was here for December 31 and there wasn't any crowd. I could practice at the park without rushing and there was no wait for the lift.
It was a perfect hot day to enjoy a beer in a snowy paradise.

35100 State Highway 18
Running Springs, CA 92382
(909)867-2751




Right next to the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, there is Lake Arrowhead Village that has about 10 restaurants, a large supermarket, and many gift stores.

The holiday time at the village has pretty lighting and is very romantic with a bunch of stars in the sky.


I wanted to have a warm delicious dinner on this cold winter night so I chose "California Thai Cuisine".

I loved their coconut soup and pineapple fried rice.

28200 Hwy 189 Ste R210
Lake Arrowhead, CA 92321
(909)337-0111



The first day of 2012 was more beautiful than ever.




Steller's Jay came by to say "Happy new year".

The lakeside houses were very pretty and huge. I understand why Lake Arrowhead is a Hollywood celebrities's hide out.
I 'm feeling great to start a new year here.