Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hidden hot spots in Manhattan Beach







Manhattan Beach is one of the closest beaches to LAX (Los Angeles Airport), however it is also one of the most beautiful places around the city.




I spend my day at Manhattan Beach often because they have plenty of beachside parking and there are numerous great restaurants and shops around the area.
I felt like doing yoga by the beach and found a perfect studio "Yoga Loft" right in   front of the pier.
They have an amazing view from the studio and their teacher is excellent. I had  a perfect 1 hour session at lunch time.
1112 Ocean Drive
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)372-7334



I've been wishing there was a special cafe, so I was very excited to find this new cafe "The Tea Exchange" which just opened last summer.

They sell many kinds of tea but also sell great coffee.


It is a spacious place that has a nice outside area.  It is also very kid and stroller friendly.



They have an artistic atomosphere such as abstract paintings on the wall and there is a table with colored pencils and a drawing book. I found the above drawing in the book.  It is about Japan and made me a smile.


451 Manhattan Beach Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)545-9889










I want to keep as a secret... but I'll tell you the best Thai restaurant in the entire Southbay.


Their salads are outstanding, especially this yummy duck salad!!
1015 North Sepulveda blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
 (310)546-4147