Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hidden hot spots in Pacific Palisades



I was looking for somewhere I could meditate.
"Lake Shrine" is only 10 minutes away from Santa Monica. This was actually a former movie set that became a temple.






"Lake Shrine Temple"
17190 Sunset blvd, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
(310)454-4114
http://lakeshrinetemple.org






Just strolling around relaxes you or sitting down on one of the chairs watching the waterfalls will calm you down.






There is a small gift store inside the shrine which I loved.
I found a few treasures from the store.

There was incense from India and beautiful handmade crafts. 
(incense$1~$3, stand $10)



My most favorite thing was this kids shirts from India which is $17, not so bad a  price in Pacific Palisades.





Lake Shrine is a touristic spot so it is OK to use your small camera but not a big camera. It is a temple so please try to keep quiet when you visit.