Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hidden hot spots in Redondo Beach


Redondo Beach has way too many hot spots to name them all in this blog. I would like to start with some of the hot spots on Redondo Beach Pier.

Redondo Beach Pier is a seafood paradise! There are many famous seafood restaurants to try. If you are a seafood lover I strongly recommend the pier because of all the different styles, such as Korean, Chinese, Cajun, Mexican, Japanese and California fusion.
















First, I would like to introduce you to the newest restaurant "Maison Riz". This is a French-Japanse restaurant. Do you know what French-Japanese food is? I assumed some Japanese chefs are cooking French food or it should be French food for Japanese people!? Anyhow I had to try it because I had a great experience at a Japanese-French restaurant in Pasadena named "Maison Akira" ( http://maisonakira.com).




Maison Riz is a large restaurant with a classic feel. You can see the ocean and hear the waves anywhere you sit. This is a perfect place for dating or special occasions.























Their art was very unique, I've never seen something like this before. I guess it is called French-Japanese art!?

















Their baguette is made with Tofu. It is an interesting combination but the taste was great and I felt a little healthy.













Their signature shrimp cocktail was unusual but I loved it. The cocktail sauce was not red, it was BLACK. It was a mixture of seaweed and wasabi.






"MAISON RIZ"
112 fisherman's wharf
Redondo Beach, CA
310-379-1300



















My most favorite restaurant on the pier is "Oriental Breeze" (207 fishermans wharf,310-379-6511) which is a cozy Japanese restaurant. I love their comfortable sofas, yummy sushi and selection of Japanese shochu. This Japanese restaurant also owns an ice cream stand on the pier. You must try their Macha-soft! You won't forget it for a long time.


















"Tony's on the pier" is where I like to have a drink when the sun goes down. The first floor is a restaurant and the second floor is a bar. The view from the bar after dark is especially gorgeous! You will feel like you are on a boat in the ocean (but you don't get sea sick).

I took my mom and her friend here a few years ago and they are still talking about how amazing the view was at Tony's.



"Tony's on the pier"
210 Fishermans Wharf
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
(310)374-1442











At the Redondo Beach Pier you can see many kind of animals. The last time I visited I saw a couple of dolphins jumping in the ocean, a baby seal taking a nap on the sand, colorful fish in the water and friendly birds flying everywhere.